What Is Just Ahead?
Just Ahead is the app that turns your smartphone into an audio tour guide of the world.
Imagine driving down the road and seeing a beautiful sight in front of you. You wonder, What am I looking at? That’s when Just Ahead tells you a story about it. Pretty cool?
Our vision: An audio tour for the world.
Who’s Behind Just Ahead?
Just Ahead is being developed by a global team with a grand vision and a desire to work from wherever we have Internet access, and sometimes where we don’t. Our team has:
- Executive product and marketing leadership in Long Beach, California
- Editorial leadership in Culver City, California
- An ever-growing cadre of writers based wherever there’s a beautiful place to visit
- Cartography in Bozeman, Montana
- Audio narration in Medford, Oregon
- iOS, Android, and Xamarin developers in Sofia, Bulgaria, and Sunshine Coast, Australia
- UX and graphic designers hailing from Pasadena, California, and Tangier, Morocco
- Front-end developers and WordPress gurus in Sacramento, California
- Accountants in Los Alamitos, California
- Attorneys in Los Angeles, California
It’s probably best to say Just Ahead is Made on Planet Earth.
About the Founder
This global team is headed up by Gregory Morse, the founder and CEO of Just Ahead. Greg is a husband, father to three fantastic children, and all-around adventure seeker and lover of learning. His software chops were honed in product management at Siebel Systems in Silicon Valley, where during his time with the company it grew from fewer than 1,000 to 8,000 employees and he received four promotions in three years, and at X1 Technologies, an Idealab company, where he was Director of Product Management. After Idealab Greg led a group to acquire a failed distribution company, turn the company around, and later sold the company. Greg is also an Eagle Scout, an instrument-rated private pilot, a long distance cyclist (think riding 200 miles in one day), and avid sailor.
My favorite places to work: Our downstairs office, so I can hop out after a project and play with my one year old son or help coach one of my kids sports teams or lead their scout troops. The back deck of our boat feeling the motion of the waves and the sound of the wind blowing. My favorite place to not work: In our RV somewhere on the road with my family close by.
In the summer of 2013 I had the good fortune to be able to take a six-week road trip around the Southwest of the United States with my family in our RV. At the beginning of this trip I went to a museum with my older kids, six and eight years old, and was amazed as they were entertained for hours by the museum’s audio tour. I said to myself, There must be something like this for the rest of the world, right? After searching long and hard for just that—and failing—I knew what my next company was going to be. That was the beginning of Just Ahead. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!”