Welcome to Just Ahead’s Death Valley Trip Planner—our guide to everything you need to know to plan your trip to Death Valley National Park. Click here to see the complete series, and be sure to download our Just Ahead smartphone audio tour of Death Valley before you head to the park.
Death Valley National Park is a great road-trip destination. It’s not difficult to get to or to drive through, but planning a trip there requires more than just throwing a few things into the car. It’s a remote desert area with long distances between services. Which route should you take? Will you camp or stay in park lodging? What should you pack?
Once you’re under way, the Just Ahead app turns your smartphone into a narrated audio tour of the park, and we tell you what you need to know as you drive along. It’s the most pleasurable way possible to visit Death Valley National Park.
But there’s much to know before you go, and that’s why we’ve pulled together our years of experience of visiting Death Valley into Just Ahead’s Death Valey Trip Planner. Topics include:
- When Is the Best Time to Visit Death Valley?
- Where Should I Camp in Death Valley?
- Where Should I Stay in Death Valley?
- How Do I Get to Death Valley?
- How Do I Prepare for a Trip to Death Valley?
- How Much Time Should I Spend in Death Valley?
- 10 Reasons to Visit Death Valley in Summer
For our complete Death Valley Trip Planner series, click here.